ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The new Harry Potter-themed area at Universal Orlando Resort is set to open early next month.
Universal officials announced Wednesday that the new Happy Potter attraction at Universal Studios Park will open July 8. It will double the size of the Harry Potter landscape in the park and will be tied via the Hogwarts Express train to the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Island of Adventure.
The new area’s centerpiece ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, will take visitors into Gringotts bank to help retrieve a magical object and re-create a scene from the popular book and movie series.
If fans want to see both parks, a two-park ticket is required. For adults, a two-park ticket for one day costs $136; for children, it’s $130.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- PayPal Move Blocks Sales Of Controversial “Active Shooter” Video Game
- Royal Christening Date Revealed For Prince Louis Of Cambridge
- Everything Is Going Digital These Days, Even Models On Social Media
- Police Break Up Rowdy Vigil For Slain Rapper XXXTentacion In California
- Museum Exhibit Honoring Legendary Publicist Charlie Cinnamon Is First Of Its Kind