NORTH MIAMI (CBSMiami) – It’s been four months since Noemi Gonzalez vanished from her North Miami home and her family is desperate for answers.
“The not-knowing—it eats at you, it’s the last thing you think about at night and the first thing you think about in the morning,” said Liz Gonzalez, Noemi’s sister-in-law.
Gonzalez was last seen by her son in February. She was sleeping in her bed and the next morning she was gone—her keys, wallet and seizure medication was left behind and the front door unlocked.
“She’s my sister but she was also my closest friend,” said Maria Castillo.
The Gonzalez family said they pray every day for news of her whereabouts, knowing that as time goes by, hope for her safe return becomes less likely.
“Makes it harder every day, makes it harder that we have no clue, we want to know where she is good or bad,” said Liz Gonzalez.
And as the clock continues to tick, authorities hope someone will help the family get closure.
“This is a very disturbing and complex case and as time goes on these things become more and more difficult to resolve,” said Richard Masten of Crime Stoppers.
“We pray that someone’s going to have the compassion for the family and the compassion for her that if they know anything, call,” said Liz Gonzalez.
- Miami Police Investigating Double Stabbing Along Busy Biscayne Boulevard
- Un-Armed Caretaker Shot By North Miami Police Officer: ‘I Can’t Sleep, I Have Nightmares’
- Two Young Florida Children Suffer Second Degree Burns When Homemade Firework Exploded In Their Faces
- 3 Florida Teens Killed In Causeway Crash
- Memorial Held To Honor Fallen K9 Officers In Miami-Dade