NEW YORK (AP) — Jonathan Quick and the Los Angeles Kings are finishing off the New York Rangers in a big hurry.
The Connecticut native, who grew up a fan of the Rangers and 1994 Stanley Cup-winning goalie Mike Richter, had his best game of the finals by far. He made 32 saves and put the Kings on the cusp of another coronation with a 3-0 victory over New York in Game 3 on Monday night.
Los Angeles escaped with two overtime wins at home and then took complete command inside Madison Square Garden to take a 3-0 series edge.
The Kings took their first lead of the series on Jeff Carter’s goal in the final second of the first period and then stretched the edge to three goals in the second — something the Rangers failed to do in California.
New York is facing elimination Wednesday night in Game 4.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Penalties Remain An Issue For Dolphins In 27-20 Preseason Loss To Carolina
- Mattingly Ejected As Nationals Beat Marlins 8-2
- Wilson Takes Knee, Quinn Raises Fist Prior To Dolphins Preseason Game In Carolina
- Dolphins Have Plenty To Strive For In Preseason Matchup With Carolina
- Stream The Wyndham Championship