MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A diver lost his life Sunday after he went missing on what was supposed to be a fun fishing trip at Haulover Beach.
The diver was out spear fishing with his friend near 10350 Collins Ave on Sunday afternoon. Both divers were said to have gone underneath the water, but when the other diver came up he noticed his friend was missing, according to Miami Dade police.
The friend called search units for help and after an intense search, the Marine Patrol found the missing man.
The diver was taken to Haulover Park Marina and then transported to Aventura hospital where he was placed in critical condition.
Doctors fought to keep him alive but he was pronounced dead.
- “They Are Not Letting Us In” Nelson, Wasserman Schultz Denied Entry To Kid Migrant Shelter
- Search Is On For Gunmen Who Shot, Killed Rapper XXXTentacion
- Five Hospitalized After Head-On Collision In Hialeah
- Man’s Body Pulled From Miami River
- Runoff Election Tuesday To Fill Empty Miami-Dade Commission Seat