DRY TORTUGAS NATIONAL PARK (CBSMiami/AP) — Two people died while snorkeling off the Florida Keys.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said Saturday, May 18th that a Texas man died a day earlier off the Dry Tortugas. He had been pulled from the water by two men who performed CPR on him.
An autopsy will be done to determine his cause of death.
The sheriff’s office said separately, on Thursday, May 15th a Pennsylvania woman was snorkeling off of Marathon when she began coughing up blood.
The Coast Guard transported her to shore, but she was pronounced dead at a hospital.
She was on numerous medications and had a pacemaker, but an autopsy was set to be done to determine her cause of death.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Rally Held In Fort Lauderdale Against Trump Administration Family Separation Policy
- Parkland Students Hold ‘Road To Change’ Event In Miami Beach
- Police Name Suspect In Shooting Outside Miami Gardens Family Dollar
- Trump Tweets People Who ‘Invade’ US Must Be Immediately Deported Without ‘Judges Or Court Cases’
- Memorial Set At Florida Arena For Slain Rapper XXXTentacion