FORT MYERS (CBSMiami/AP) — Captured! A fugitive suspect in a 2007 triple-murder in southwest Florida has been extradited from Haiti.
Deputy U.S. Marshal John Kinsey says Wesnel Isaac was arrested Saturday by Haitian national police in Carrefour, Haiti. U.S. authorities flew to the Caribbean country Thursday and returned to Florida with Isaac.
Isaac was being held at the Lee County jail until his first court appearance Friday.
Kinsey says a tip led investigators to Isaac in Haiti. Authorities say Isaac was one of four men who killed Robert Barckley, Scott Highfill and Willard Graham in September 2007. The bodies were found in a car in Lehigh Acres.
One of Isaac’s codefendants received three life sentences after being convicted of second-degree murder and false imprisonment. Two others received eight years in prison after accepting plea deals.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Easter Bunny Stages Underwater Egg Hunt Off Florida Keys
- WATCH: Miami Fire Rescue Workers Spot Large Gator Crossing Residential Street
- Florida Man With Gun Kills Driver, Also With Gun, In Road Rage Incident
- At Least 207 Killed In Blasts Targeting Churches And Hotels In Sri Lanka On Easter Sunday
- MIA’s Forgotten Workers: Low Wages, Poor Treatment For Many At Miami International Airport