MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- DeSantis Signs Bill Into Law Legalizing Smokable Medical Marijuana
- Proposal Would Give Florida Access To Foreign Drugs
- Some Women Turning To Laughing Gas As Alternative To Drugs During Childbirth
- Study: Three Or More Eggs A Day Increase Risk Of Heart Disease, Early Death
- Florida Legislature Passes Bill To Repeal Smokable Medical Marijuana Ban