MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Salmonella Outbreak In 26 States Tied To Raw Turkey
- Young Adults Are Drinking Themselves To Death, Study Finds
- Study Links ADHD To Teens And Their Digital Media Use
- UT Southwestern Celebrates ‘Big Bang’ Breakthrough in Alzheimer’s Research
- Babies Sleep Better When They Begin Solid Food Early, Study Says