MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Blood Pressure Drug Recall Expands Again Due To Potential Cancer-Causing Chemical
- Recall: Birth Control Pills With Flawed Instructions Could Cause ‘Unintended Pregnancy’
- New Patch For Migraine Relief Being Tested
- Open Enrollment Underway For Federal Marketplace Health Insurance
- Open Enrollment Begins Thursday For Federal Marketplace Health Insurance