MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Could Alzheimer’s Be Triggered By A Herpes Virus?
- ‘This Is How I Save My Life’ Excerpt From Amy B. Scher
- As Loneliness Rises Among Americans, Experts Warn It’s Making Many Sick
- Diabetes Breakthrough: Common Vaccine Can Improve Blood Sugar Levels Long-Term
- Tech Helping To Contain Dangerous Food Contamination Outbreaks