MIAMI (CBSMiami) — To help reduce gun violence, Miami Police are hosting a gun buy back event Saturday.
City of Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado will also be hosting the event which starts at 10:00 a.m. and lasts until 2:00 p.m.
Anyone who wants to get rid of their firearms is asked to drop it off at the Little Haiti Soccer Park, located at 6301 N.E. 2nd Avenue.
No questions will be asked to those handing in their firearms.
In return, those dropping off their items will get a gift card.
Anyone who turns in what police determine to be an “assault rifle” will receive a higher value gift card.
- Nikolas Cruz Told Student, ‘You Better Get Out Of Here’ Before School Shooting
- 2 Accused Of Robbing Store With Suspect’s 4-Year-Old Son Waiting In Getaway Car
- Trump Pushes Back Against Border Separation Uproar
- CBS4 Gets Inside Look At Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Kids
- Miami Dolphins Surprise Underprivileged Kids At Their Practice Facility