MIAMI GARDENS (CBSMiami) – Florida Memorial University student Kameron Moore spent a night in the emergency room after she says at least five girls jumped her in a dorm room.

“They was cheering on the couch. Saying ‘get her! Get her! Get her!” said Moore.

READ MORE: Florida's Lobster Mini Season Is Nearly Here

Moore, a freshman, said it started when she returned from spring break.

“I came back and all my stuff was missing and my room was messed up,” said Moore. “They took my money and they ate all my snacks and stuff.”

She complained and a dorm supervisor worked things out between her and her roommate—at least Moore thought they had until Monday night.

“One of the girls, they sent me a text message like come to they room,” Moore said. “And when I went to the room and they open the door and threw something in my face where I couldn’t see.  And I tried to wipe my eyes so I could see and one of the girls starting hitting on me.”

Moore says she was launched into a refrigerator, held down, and fists flew.  All the while, Moore says someone was filming it all.

“They was like don’t try me. This is what you get when you try someone,” Moore said.

READ MORE: CDC Recommends Face Masks For Fully Vaccinated People Again In Some Indoor Settings

A student told CBS4 off camera the video appeared briefly on Instagram.

Miami Gardens police confirmed late this afternoon they are investigating along with the University.

“Look at her face.  They beat her,” Moore’s mother LaFaye McDuffie said.

McDuffie wasn’t going to wait for an investigation, she wants the public to know what happened.

“What happens if this do happen to another child. That child may not come out and say what happened. She might not make it out to say anything,” McDuffie said. “They could have killed her”

Moore is afraid to return to school after the incident claiming, “It’s not safe.”

MORE NEWS: Miami-Dade School Superintendent Alberto Carvalho On Mask Use For Upcoming School Year: 'Decision Cannot Be Rushed'

CBS4 did reach out to the University for comment but had not returned the call as of Tuesday evening.