MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Four firefighters were injured on the job while battling a blaze at a Miami home on Sunday.
According to Miami Fire Rescue, the firefighters sustained second degree burns to the wrist, neck and ears while battling the blaze. They remained on scene to complete their duties and were later transported to the hospital for treatment.READ MORE: Have You Seen This Woman? Andreae Lloyd Missing After Being Abducted From Homestead Home
As for the home, fire rescue said it is unsafe and uninhabitable due to heavy fire damage.
The homeowner, a 63-year old man, said he left the house for about 20 minutes before a friend tracked him down and told him his house was on fire.READ MORE: Jury Reaches Verdict Of Manslaughter In Dayonte Resiles Murder Trial, Then Goes Back To Deliberating Room
When he arrived at the home, located at 1734 NW 44th Street, he found the house on fire and two people running away from the property.
By the time units arrived at the home it was fully engulfed in flames, heavy smoke consuming the entire front of the house and flames raging in the rear. They were able to put out the fire after 30 minutes.
According to fire rescue, the home was without power for the last two weeks so the homeowner was using the lanterns and candles for light. When they searched the house, they found several kerosene lanterns, candles as well as gasoline containers.
The Red Cross is helping the homeowner and another roommate with housing.MORE NEWS: CBS4 Nat Moore Trophy Talk With The Dolphins Legend Himself
The fire is under investigation.