BOSTON (CBSMiami) – The troubling story of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez took another turn Thursday after a search warrant confirmed Boston Police are investigating him for being the triggerman in a 2012 double murder in the city.

Hernandez is currently in jail awaiting murder charges in Connecticut for the death of Odin Lloyd. Connecticut officials believe Lloyd was murdered by Hernandez near the tight end’s home. Hernandez has also been accused of shooting a South Florida man in the face, but no criminal charges were brought.

READ MORE: Condo Collapse: Despite Broken Pelvis After 4-Story Fall, Mom Pulls Daughter Out Of Rubble

Boston Police said Hernandez is seen on surveillance video in the same nightclub as the two victims on the night of the attack, according to ESPN. The two victims, Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu and Safiro Texieira Furtado, were shot to death after an SUV pulled up beside their car.

READ MORE: Condo Collapse: FIU Professor Found Surfside Building Had Been Sinking For Decades

According to ESPN, a June 28 search warrant said Boston Police believe there is probable cause that Hernandez was driving the SUV and “may have been the shooter.”

The SUV involved in the double-murder was given to Hernandez by a Rhode Island company as payment for participating in promotional activities, ESPN reported. The SUV was later found at the home of Hernandez’s uncle.

MORE NEWS: Condo Collapse: Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava Signs Emergency Order

Hernandez’s trial date hasn’t been set for the murder of Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough, Massachusetts. As of Thursday, Hernandez hasn’t been officially charged with any crime for the Boston double murder.