FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Lauderhill family whose home was badly damaged in a fire Wednesday has one thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
His name is Eric Perez. He’s the Lauderhill firefighter who found their dog inside the burning residence and brought it to safety.READ MORE: Fort Lauderdale PD Confirms Driver Accidentally Hit Wilton Manors Pride Parade Participants
When firefighters first arrived at 7342 NW 47th Place they were met with heavy smoke and flames coming from the single story home, said department Division Chief Jeff Levy.READ MORE: Coral Gables Man Refuses To Sell Family House Swallowed By Massive Development
Everyone who lived in the home had gotten out safely except for the family dog.
Firefighters searched in home in zero visibility smoke conditions and it was Perez who found the motionless dog. He scooped up the dog and brought it outside where firefighters began life saving efforts and successfully revived it using CPR.MORE NEWS: 1 Dead, 1 Injured After Truck Slams Into Spectators At Stonewall Pride Parade In Wilton Manors
It was taken to a local Animal Hospital where the family said it was doing well.