MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Early voting ends today, Sunday Nov. 3, for the Nov. 5 Miami-Dade County special election and for municipal elections in Miami, Miami Beach, Hialeah and Homestead.
Voters throughout the county are deciding whether to allow Jackson Health System to sell $830 million in bonds to pay for the modernization, improvement and equipping of facilities countywide.READ MORE: Shot Doral Police Officer In Serious But Stable Condition, Second Officer Recovering
According to our news partners at the Miami Herald, in Miami, voters must choose a mayor, commissioners in two districts, council members for Coconut Grove, and decide on a proposed land lease in Coconut Grove to remake part of the waterfront.
The candidates for mayor of Miami are Williams A. Armbrister, Tom Baumann, Jeff Benjamin, and Tomás P. Regalado.
For Miami Commission District 3, the candidates are Frank Carollo and Alex Dominguez.
For Miami Commission District 5, the candidates are Jacqui Colyer, Richard P. Dunn II, Keon Hardemon and Robert Malone Jr.
For the Coconut Grove Village Council, voters must choose up to eight people among the following candidates: Emily Brittingham; Kate Callahan; Louise Caro; Steven Dloogoff; Ruth Ewing; Raymond August Fort; Javier Gonzalez; Gabriel Iglesias; Thaddeus Scott; Seth Sklarey; Tricia Sullivan and Linda Williams.
Finally, Miami voters will decide whether to approve a proposed lease of seven acres of city-owned waterfront and submerged lands in Coconut Grove.
In Miami Beach, voters will choose a new mayor and three commissioners.
The mayoral candidates are Steve Berke; Michael Góngora; Raphael Herman and Philip Levine.
In Commission Group 1, the candidates are Mohammed Islam; Sherry Kaplan Roberts; Micky Steinberg and Elsa Urquiza.
Commission Group 2 candidates are Dave Crystal, Jorge Exposito and Michael Grieco.
Commission Group 3 candidates are Roger Abramson, Matti Herrera Bower and Joy Malakoff.READ MORE: 2 Doral Police Officers Injured In Shooting Near Miami-Dade Police Headquarters; Suspect Killed
Miami Beach voters will also decide six ballot questions.
In Homestead, voters will choose a new mayor, vice mayor and a council member.
The mayoral candidates are Mark Bell and Jeffrey D. “Jeff” Porter.
Vice mayor candidates are Norman L. Hodge, Jr., Stephen Shelley and Jimmie L. Williams, III.
Council candidates are Norman L. Hodge, Jr. and Jimmie L. Williams, III.
In Hialeah, voters will choose a mayor and two council members.
The mayoral candidates are Carlos Hernandez, Julio J. Martinez and Juan Santana.
Council Group 5 candidates are Luis Gonzalez and Julio Rodriguez.
Council Group 6 candidates are Paul “Pablito” Hernandez and Marcos Miralles.
Times and dates for early voting are as follows:
1 p.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 3
Early voting locations are:
- City of Miami – City Hall, 3500 Pan American Dr., Coconut Grove.
- Coral Gables Library, 3443 Segovia St., Coral Gables.
- Coral Reef Library, 9211 SW 152nd St.,
- Elections Department (Main Office), 2700 NW 87th Ave.,
- Florida City City Hall, 404 West Palm Drive (Commission Chambers)
- John F. Kennedy Library, 190 West 49th St., Hialeah.
- Kendall Branch Library, 9101 SW 97th Ave.
- Lemon City Library, 430 NE 61st St. (Reading Room).
- Miami Lakes Public Library, 6699 Windmill Gate Rd., Miami Lakes
- Miami Beach City Hall, 1700 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach.
- Model City Library (Caleb Center), 2211 NW 54th St.
- North Dade Regional Library, 2455 NW 183rd St.
- North Miami Public Library, 835 NE 132nd St., North Miami.
- North Miami Beach Public Library, 1601 NE 164th St., North Miami Beach. (Replacement for Aventura Government Center)
- North Shore Branch Library, 7501 Collins Ave., (Program Room).
- South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211th St.,
- Stephen P. Clark Government Center (Branch Office), 111 NW First Street (Lobby)
- West Dade Regional Library, 9445 SW 24th St.
- West Flagler Branch Library, 5050 West Flagler St.
- West Kendall Regional Library, 10201 Hammocks Blvd.
For more information, call the Miami-Dade County Elections Department at 305-499-8683.MORE NEWS: CBS4 Exclusive: Hollywood Neighbors 'Panicked' After Car Burglars Hit Neighborhood
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)