MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Miami Hurricanes kick off the regular season Friday night at Sun Life Stadium and while the tailgating rules haven’t changed; there is a new bag policy in effect.
If you’ve been to Sun Life Stadium to see a Miami Dolphins preseason game, you’ve already experienced the new policy.READ MORE: Miami-Dade's First Federal Vaccination Site Is Now Open Using Newly Approved Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
The new rule impacts the types of bags fans bring to a game. The rule states:READ MORE: 'It’s Just Unacceptable': Racial Slurs Hurled At Fishermen Near Stuart
- Fans may carry only one bag this is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and does not exceed 12″x6″x12″ or a one-gallon plastic freezer bag.
- Fans may also bring in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception is made for medically necessary items after inspection at Gate E.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
The bag policy was put into effect by the National Football League this year after the Boston Marathon bombing.
UM announced it was going to enforce the same policy a little earlier this month.MORE NEWS: 'You Could See The Flash Happening': Man In Custody After FBI Raid At Fort Lauderdale Home
- CLICK HERE for an example of acceptable bags from the NFL.
The policy will be in effect for all UM and Miami Dolphins home games this season.