BROWARD (CBSMiami) – With the start of the upcoming school year just around the corner, the Broward School District is looking to bring in some new faces to get behind the wheel.
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Transportation Department will host job fairs to fill part-time and full-time school bus drivers and bus attendant positions.READ MORE: New Daily Virus Cases In Florida Lowest Since July
BCPS is the second largest public school system in the nation, over 260,000 students and about 175,000 adult students. Prospective employees not only have to be qualified licensed drivers, but should also enjoy working with kids.
The job fairs will take place on Tuesday, July 30; Thursday, August 1; and Saturday, August 3. The will all be held at the Westfield Broward Mall, 8000 W Broward Blvd. in Plantation from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.READ MORE: Spacex's 1st Tourists Homeward Bound After 3 Days In Orbit
Those looking to attend the event must have excellent driving record and effective communication skills.
If you plan to go Bus Operator qualifications include:MORE NEWS: Report: Miami-Dade School District Misused $6M For Driver’s Ed Programs
- Must have at least five years licensed driving experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license with Preferred (CDL) Class A or B with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements; or Class E Florida Driver’s License and Driving Permit for CDL Class A or B with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements (applicant may visit any DMV office to take written tests)
- Must complete and pass drug and alcohol test (fee $65.25); physical exam; security background check (fee $70); and bus driver training course (provided free of charge)
- Documents to bring to the recruitment fair include: completed application, Florida Department of Motor Vehicles Report (MVR), driver’s license, social security card and resume
- Dress for a Job Interview. Many of the companies will interview and even hire on the spot so you want to make a good first impression.
- The District also provides free bus driver training for qualified applicants.
You can also apply online or at a Transportation Terminal site. For locations or questions, call Pupil Transportation at 754-321-4400.