HIALEAH GARDENS (CBS4) – A possible grill explosion sent four people to the hospital. Miami-Dade Fire responded to the call of a barbecue grill with a propane tank attached burning.
The explosion happened behind a home at 9885 Northwest 135th Street in Hialeah Gardens.READ MORE: 2 Doral Police Officers Injured In Shooting Near Miami-Dade Police Headquarters; Suspect Killed ID'd By Police
Witnesses said about 20 people were in the backyard for a Fourth of July party.
Several people were injured.
READ MORE: Shot Doral Police Officer In Serious But Stable Condition, Second Officer Recovering
Out of the four people transported, three of them were considered trauma alert patients.
A family member told CBS4 “it was pretty bad.”
Air rescue responded to the call.
The victims were transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital.MORE NEWS: South Florida PBA Union President Steadman Stahl On Stress Of Being A Police Officer
The conditions of the patients has not been released.