BOSTON (CBSMiami) – Conflicting reports continue to emerge in the ongoing homicide case that is threatening to derail the career of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Early Friday, CBSBoston.com reported that a source had told them an arrest warrant had been issued for Hernandez, a former Florida Gators star. The arrest warrant, according to CBSBoston.com, was on a charge of obstruction of justice, but could be upgraded depending on what evidence showed up.

READ MORE: 'Really A Reckless Decision': Gov. DeSantis On FDA's Decision To Revoke Emergency Use Of Certain Mononclonal Antibody Treatments

Related: Man Suing Hernandez Over Alleged Florida Shooting Is A Convicted Drug Dealer

However, the Boston Globe reported later Friday morning that no such arrest warrant had been issued for Hernandez.

READ MORE: Family Makes Plea To Help Find Driver In Fatal Hit-And Run Crash In Pompano Beach

The body of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd of Dorchester was found Monday in a field in North Attleboro, about half-a-mile from Hernandez’s home. He had been shot in the head.

Lloyd was driving an SUV that had been rented in the name of Hernandez and was dating a woman who is the sister of Hernandez’s fiancee.

Read: Hernandez Investigation Coverage

MORE NEWS: Three People Injured In NW Dade Drive-By Shooting

At first, Hernandez was said to be cooperating with investigators but police sources said he stopped talking to police after he hired the Boston law firm of Ropes and Gray.