MIAMI BEACH (CBS4) – Two 14 year old students were treated a Mount Sinai Medical Center after a suspected overdose on the campus of their Miami Beach school.
Miami-Dade Schools spokesperson John Schuster said the teens attend Feinberg Fisher K-8. Schuster told CBS4 News that both were conscious when they were taken to the hospital after complaining of a rapid heartbeat.READ MORE: Miami Weather: Enjoy Cooler Temps, Warmer Trend On The Way
The teens reportedly ingested “molly”, a form of ecstasy.READ MORE: New Travel Restrictions In Place, Dow Drops 905 Points Over New COVID Variant Concerns
Schuster said an investigation is underway at the school to find out where the students got the drugs.MORE NEWS: Black Friday Shoppers Out Early Hoping To Score Deals