MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Lost amidst the hubbub of the Miami Dolphins stadium fight and the confirmation of the new logo was the fact the Dolphins added another piece to the offensive line puzzle.

The Fins signed Lance Louis Wednesday afternoon and he is expected to step in and compete with John Jerry for the starting right guard job. Louis was a starter for the Chicago Bears at both guard and tackle before suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in November 2012.

READ MORE: Flags To Be Lowered In Honor Of Former Congresswoman Carrie Meek

Louis said he hopes to be ready for training camp and was rated the league’s 47th best offensive guard last year, according to Pro Football Focus’ position rankings. Louis’ deal was a one-year contract.

READ MORE: Investors Buying Tampa Bay Homes At Record Rate

The signing leaves the Dolphins with a hole at right tackle because last year’s right tackle, Jonathan Martin, is expected to step into the left tackle position in 2013. The Dolphins have talked to free agent right tackle Eric Winston, but no contract has been signed.

Winston has publicly said he wants to play for the Dolphins, but so far, no contract has been offered by the Dolphins.

MORE NEWS: Miami Weather: Warming Trend Continues, Muggier By Monday

The Fins also have a major hole at cornerback that will have to be addressed either with a veteran free agent or in the upcoming NFL Draft.