MIAMI (CBS4) – An investigator with the Department of Child and Families has been placed on administrative leave after being accused of sexual misconduct with a foster child.
The child protection agency is now helping Miami-Dade Police investigate Jean Lacroix 46, one day after he was allegedly linked to a teenager believed to have been involved with a child prostitution ring.READ MORE: 83-Year-Old Former Cuban Political Prisoner Fighting To Keep Her Home
Four men accused of running the ring were arrested earlier this week. CBS4 has now obtained a copy of a search warrant issued for Lacroix’s work-issued cell phone. The warrant allows police officers to access Lacroix’s call history, text messages and any other communication he may have had with the alleged victim using that phone.
The warrant was issued in May. It indicates a 17-year-old girl in foster care admitted to Miami-Dade Police that she engaged in consensual sexual intercourse on numerous occasions with her DCF case worker, Jean Lacroix.
It further stated the alleged victim said she called and sent text messages to Lacroix and that he would arrange to pick her up from school, take her to his residence, where they allegedly had consensual sex.
“He was an excellent man, an excellent man,” said Lacroix’s Friend Jean Clayvil. “I don’t believe it.”READ MORE: Miami-Dade Employees Must Show Proof Of COVID Vaccination Or Test Weekly Starting Aug. 16
Clayvil says he tried calling Lacroix on his DCF cell phone a couple of weeks ago, but wasn’t able to speak with him until he saw him at their church.
“I said ‘I called you’, and he told me he doesn’t have this phone number no more. He told me the company doesn’t want him to use the phone anymore.” Clayvil said Lacroix didn’t offer an explanation as to why.
According to the search warrant, Lacroix’s case work involving the alleged victim began in September of 2011 and ended in October, but indicated the two stayed in touch on his personal cell phone after he was instructed not to by his supervisor.
Lacroix was placed on administrative leave in May. DCF Secretary David E. Wilkins has since released this statement:MORE NEWS: Filmmakers Create Public Service Announcement Videos To Save Biscayne Bay
This alleged behavior is absolutely appalling and betrays the trust and confidence that all Floridians have in our Department’s employees. Mr. Lacroix’s actions in no way reflect the expectations we and all Floridians have for our investigators or any of our employees.