FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The FBI is asking for the public’s help in locating a serial bank robber who struck again at a Fort Lauderdale bank on Friday.
The bank bandit simply walked into a Bank of America branch, located at 2300 E. Sunrise Boulevard on Friday around 2:00 p.m. and demanded money from a teller, and then he walked out with an undisclosed amount of cash.
There were customers inside the bank at the time of the robbery but nobody was hurt.
He was last seen leaving the bank on foot.
The FBI believes this man is a serial bank robber, also wanted for crimes at half a dozen other banks across South Florida in the months of December and January.
Those crimes took place at the following locations:
- IberiaBank, 990 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, on 1/27/2012
- Comerica Bank, 1 S. Federal Highway, Boca Raton, on 1/20/2012
- Amtrust Bank 5461 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, on 12/24/2011
- Regent Bank, 2205 S. University Drive, Davie, on 1/6/2012
- Valley Bank, 3309 Sheridan Road, Hollywood, on 1/6/2012
- TD Bank, 1215 SE 17th Street, Ft Lauderdale, on 1/18/2012
If you recognize the suspect or have any information about him, call the FBI at (305) 944-9101 or Crime Stoppers.