DAVIE (CBSMiami) — The Miami Dolphins coaching staff is complete.
Friday, head coach Joe Philbin announced four more hires which complete the 21-person coaching staff.READ MORE: Jury Deliberations Underway In Dayonte Resiles Murder Trial
Friday’s hires were assistant defensive backs coach Blue Adams (a former All-Dade player at Miami High who had been coaching at the University of Northern Iowa), defensive assistant Charlie Bullen (who had been a graduate assistant at Iowa), offensive assistant Ben Johnson (a former assistant at Boston College) and assistant offensive line coach Chris Mosley (who coached offensive line at Saint Anselm College in 2011). None of the four have NFL coaching experience.
The team also announced the team will have an assistant quarterback coach (former Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor) but will not have anyone with the title of quarterback coach.
Taylor will coach the quarterbacks with his father-in-law, new offensive coordinator Mike Sherman.
Karl Dorrell, the Dolphins’ quarterback coach last season, on Friday joined the Houston Texans in that role.READ MORE: New NASA Mission Will Test Lasers As A To Communicate With Future Missions
Philbin retained nine coaches from Tony Sparano’s staff, including Jeff Nixon (running backs), Dan Campbell (tight ends), Darren Rizzi (special teams) and Kacy Rodgers (defensive line).
Among those not retained: former interim coach Todd Bowles, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and pass-rush coach Bryan Cox.
Before Philbin’s hiring, Mike Nolan took the defensive coordinator job with the Falcons; former Bengals defensive backs coach Kevin Coyle will handle that job for the Dolphins.
Miami Dolphins 2012 Coaching Staff
- Joe Philbin Head Coach
- Lou Anarumo Defensive Backs
- Dan Campbell Tight Ends
- David Corrao Defensive Quality Control/Assistant Linebackers
- Kevin Coyle Defensive Coordinator
- George Edwards Linebackers
- Dave Fipp Assistant Special Teams
- Darren Krein Head Strength And Conditioning
- Phil McGeoghan Assistant Wide Receivers
- Jeff Nixon Running Backs
- Ken O’Keefe Wide Receivers
- Dave Puloka Assistant Strength And Conditioning
- Darren Rizzi Special Teams Coordinator
- Kacy Rodgers Defensive Line
- Mike Sherman Offensive Coordinator
- Zac Taylor Assistant Quarterbacks
- Jim Turner Offensive Line
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)