STUART – (CBSMiami) – A Martin County child was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital Friday morning, after a trip to a Starbucks shop in Stuart resulted in severe burns.

According to the Martin County Sheriff’s Department, the 13-month old girl, Lourdes Carol Marsh, was burned by hot liquids at Starbucks in the 5900 block of Federal Highway and suffered burns over 18 percent of her body.

READ MORE: South Florida Family Encourages Booster Shots After Vaccinated Relative Dies Of COVID-19

The Sheriff’s Department said Lourdes received the burns from two hot beverages, 1 large coffee and l large tea, that had been put on top of a customer’s table.

READ MORE: 'Unacceptable,' South Florida Haitian Leaders Outraged Over What Happened In Del Rio, Texas

The hot drinks spilled when an adult was attempting to put the child into a portable high-chair that had been manually attached to the table, according to the Sheriff’s Department.

MORE NEWS: COVID-19 Death Toll Tops 53,000 In Florida

(Photo Credit: CBS4) A child was air rescued to JMH after being burned at a Stuart coffee shop.

The child was flown by Martin County Fire Rescue helicopter to Jackson Memorial Hospital, which had no immediate information about the girl’s condition.