HIALEAH (CBS4) – A woman who first called police for help and later attempted to hit one of the officers with her car appeared before a bond court judge tearfully and begged to be released.

Jeimy Paola Cubides, 19, was arrested after she led police on a brief chase through the streets of Hialeah Thursday.

READ MORE: Broward County State Attorney's Office To Investigate Alleged Corruption By Miami Officials

Her mother also appeared in bond court and told a judge that her daughter had recently been committed to a state hospital for treatment for schizophrenia.

Police say the events that led to her arrest began at 9 a.m. when she dialed 911 from the Fantasy Inn Motel at 845 E. Okeechobee Road.

She told the operator that “felt like someone was choking her inside of her vehicle.”

Police arrived and found her inside a silver Nissan Altima. As the officer attempted to get close to her, she drove directly into the officer who jumped out of the way, police said in the arrest affidavit. The officer called for help and another officer stopped all traffic on the north bound lanes of Okeechobee Road.

Cubides became stuck in the traffic and collided against five cars before stopping. As police tried to stop, she accelerated once again and again attempted to run over a police officer, the arrest report states.

“She seemed a little incoherent and we weren’t sure if she was suffering from an emergency or if she was suffering from some sort of emotional crisis,” said veteran detective Eddie Rodriguez.

READ MORE: Fla. State Sen. Ileana Garcia On Critical Race Theory: 'I Have Been Discriminated On All Fronts. Should We Take It Personally?'

“When officers finally made contact with her, she began to flee from the officers and that’s when we began to pursue her up Okeechobee Road at a very low rate of speed,” said Rodriguez. “We finally got her stopped around East 1st Avenue and when officers approached the vehicle, she attempted to run over one of the officers and continued to flee. That’s when one officer was forced to shoot. He did so to protect himself.”

After hitting at least five vehicles with her Silver Nissan, the chase came to a crashing end at West 4th Avenue when the officers were able to take her into custody. No one was hurt seriously. Some officers did receive some scrapes and bruises.

Detectives said she was alone in the car and were not sure why she tried to strike an officer.

Chopper 4 over the scene spotted the handcuffed woman sitting on the curb of a median surrounded by police and fire rescue personnel.

In the street of front of Cubides was a her silver Nissan Ultima with severe damage to the front passenger side of the car. A grey car next to it also showed damage on its passenger side. A short distance away was a dark Honda Accord with damage to the rear of the vehicle. A dark gray SUV which came to rest in the entrance of parking lot had damage to its right rear panel.

Cubides was taken to a hospital for observation.

MORE NEWS: Miami-Dade School Board Narrows Down Search For New Superintendent

Rodriguez said Cubides was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest without violence. She also has an arrest history, Rodriguez said.