The ULTRA Music festival is a world-famous electronic music event. This year it will take place over two weekends in celebration of its 15th anniversary. During the weekends of March 15-17 and March 22-24, the six-day, two-weekend marathon will attract, according to the organizers, a record attendance of 330,000 fans.
Born in 1999, ULTRA has won six consecutive years of “Best Music Event” by the International Dance Music Awards, among others recognitions. Throughout the years, ULTRA has hosted the crème de la crème of its genre artists such as Swedish House Mafia as well as crossover bands that incorporate EDM elements in their music, like The Black Eyed Peas. Last year, Madonna surprised the crowd in a guest appearance.
Swedish House Mafia began its career with ULTRA in 2010, and this year, the group will open on Friday, March 15 and will close on Sunday, March 24 with its last performance ever. The band will end where it all began.
Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the festival’s lineup have collected the worldwide hottest, biggest and best headlining artists in three categories: DJs, Live Acts and Arenas.
- ULTRA Main Stage, Mega Structure and Mid Park will host an all-star lineup of the world’s top DJs. The LIVE Stage will see performers of the ranks of Azelia Banks.
- SURFACE is a brand new arena that lights up every Sunday at the Bayfront Stage with the best of the underground scene such as Damian Lazarus and Francesca Lombardo.
- Underground sounds will be heard every day, but the MIXMAG Stage will host tech gurus like Carlos Lio and Dubfire. Each Saturday, techno and deep house will be performed by a slew of artists including David Squillace and Martin Buttrich.
- Techno house master of ceremonies Space Ibiza will break the house down on Saturday, March 23.
- TRAPPED arena, a new addition, will feature the likes of DJ Craze and Dillon Francis for coverage of the new trap craze.
- Click here for a complete lineup of artists.
No matter what, always be ready for the unexpected, because every weekend the organizers promise an “undisclosed arsenal of premier level.” Additionally, ECO Village, for the 9th edition, is a destination not to be missed where eco-friendly, non-profit organizations and charities have dedicated space to display their activities around the world.
Tickets are almost sold out on both dates, click here to purchase. No re-entry is allowed and no refund is permitted under any circumstances for whomever leaves the premises.
For those who can’t attend the music event, it’s being streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the live YouTube feed.
Francesca Belluomini is a freelance writer covering all things Miami. Her work can be found on Examiner.com.