South Florida is known for being a terrific travel destination but visitors and natives alike need to know that snakebite season is here and the biting has already begun.
A 16 year old is recovering in the hospital after a dangerous encounter with a venomous snake.
Darlene Cyr-Cutrone walked outside Friday afternoon to clean up after her two boys — ages 14 and 11 — finished playing. As she picked up a chair laying in the grass, she felt a pinch on her left hand.
A Pembroke Pines woman is in fair condition Saturday after she was bitten by a venomous snake in her backyard and hospitalized, authorities said.