A Miami-Dade County Committee will review a law Thursday being proposed to mandate all new pools must have low voltage lights.
The new public pool set to open this month in B.F. James Park in Hallandale Beach represents a promise kept that was made to the Black community by city leaders decades ago.
Gear up for an epic summer with these must-have essentials, brought to you by CBS Local’s Eat. See. Play.
Two South Florida pools are shut down Thursday and there is a possibility they may never re-open.
It’s three minutes of video that may make you cringe when you see it–children unable to escape a pool as it becomes electrically charged.
As the summer season officially gets underway, families all over South Florida are getting their backyard pools ready—and many are likely thinking of the Sloan family from North Miami.
Pictures released by crime scene investigators show not one, but a multitude of electrical and code issues at the Palms West Apartments—it’s enough to wonder why an accident had not happened sooner.
Caution tape surrounds the now-drained pool at the Palm West Gardens condo complex in Hialeah where 10-year-old Diego Cabrera was swimming Sunday afternoon.
Shoddy electrical work and pool pump failure caused a Hialeah pool to become electrified Sunday, sending three children to the hospital. That’s according to the City of Hialeah.
After three children were nearly electrocuted in a swimming, pool, there is a renewed effort to urge parents to check their swimming pool’s electrical system.