cbs4 My 33 Header Logo

Pool Safety

(Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

Miami-Dade Development Committee Passes Pool Safety Ordinance

A Miami-Dade County Committee will review a law Thursday being proposed to mandate all new pools must have low voltage lights.

08/28/2014

Two South Florida pools are shut down Thursday and there is a possibility they may never re-open due to electrical issues found in pump rooms. (Source: CBS4)

Two South Florida Pools Close After Electrical Issues Found In Pump Rooms

Two South Florida pools are shut down Thursday and there is a possibility they may never re-open.

07/03/2014

(Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

CBS4 Investigation Leads To Miami-Dade Unanimously Passing New Law

The Miami-Dade commission introduced an Tuesday ordinance intended to reduce the number pool deaths by electrocution.

07/01/2014

Pool Pump (Source: CBS4)

CBS4 Investigation Leads To Potential Pool Safety Law

Following a CBS4 investigation into pool safety, Miami-Dade County may now pass a law to help prevent electrocution in pools.

06/26/2014

(Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

Long After The Splashing Subsides, Children Can Still Fall Victim To Drowning

Health care professionals warn secondary drowning, or dry drowning, can also be deadly if not caught in time.

06/11/2014

(Source: CBS4)

South Florida School Helps Babies Swim Safely

A South Florida swim school is helping parents keeps their babies safe in the water.

06/08/2014

(Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

2-Year Old Found Floating In Swimming Pool

A near tragedy in Coral Springs when a two-year-old child was found by his grandfather in a backyard pool.

05/30/2014

(Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)

Broward Swim School & Parents Of Drowning Victims Help Others Stay Safe

With Memorial Day weekend in full swing, South Florida families are spending time at the pool but one swim school is reminding parents a day of fun can turn deadly for children.

05/25/2014

Hialeah Pool Surveillance (Source: CBS4)

Video Shows Kids Shocked In Hialeah Pool

It’s three minutes of video that may make you cringe when you see it–children unable to escape a pool as it becomes electrically charged.

05/21/2014

Pool Pump (Source: CBS4)

CBS4 Exclusive: It’s Almost Summer…Is Your Pool Safe?

A month after the death of his son Calder, Chris Sloan is still trying to understand what happened to his 7-year-old son. “There is many horrible ways of children dying and it happens a lot of time, but there is something specifically horrifying, because this is just so random. Pool, lights a pool electrical system can kill a kid or can kill a person or you… it’s just so, such an unusual, random way of dying,” Sloan told CBS4. When Calder touched the pool light, electricity flowed through his body. His muscles contracted. The energy pulled his little body in and there was no chance of escape.

05/20/2014

more

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,517 other followers