A Miami-Dade County Committee will review a law Thursday being proposed to mandate all new pools must have low voltage lights.
Two South Florida pools are shut down Thursday and there is a possibility they may never re-open.
The Miami-Dade commission introduced an Tuesday ordinance intended to reduce the number pool deaths by electrocution.
Following a CBS4 investigation into pool safety, Miami-Dade County may now pass a law to help prevent electrocution in pools.
Health care professionals warn secondary drowning, or dry drowning, can also be deadly if not caught in time.
A South Florida swim school is helping parents keeps their babies safe in the water.
A near tragedy in Coral Springs when a two-year-old child was found by his grandfather in a backyard pool.
With Memorial Day weekend in full swing, South Florida families are spending time at the pool but one swim school is reminding parents a day of fun can turn deadly for children.
It’s three minutes of video that may make you cringe when you see it–children unable to escape a pool as it becomes electrically charged.
A month after the death of his son Calder, Chris Sloan is still trying to understand what happened to his 7-year-old son. “There is many horrible ways of children dying and it happens a lot of time, but there is something specifically horrifying, because this is just so random. Pool, lights a pool electrical system can kill a kid or can kill a person or you… it’s just so, such an unusual, random way of dying,” Sloan told CBS4. When Calder touched the pool light, electricity flowed through his body. His muscles contracted. The energy pulled his little body in and there was no chance of escape.