A memorial service is planned Friday for a 7-year-old boy who died over the weekend while swimming in his family’s North Miami pool. But Calder Sloan didn’t drown. His father said he was electrocuted Sunday afternoon, possibly because of a faulty pool light which witnesses said was very corroded.
It’s every pool-owning grandparent’s darkest nightmare: a grandchild falling into the pool and drowning. That nightmare was reality for the grandparents of a three-year-old boy visiting their home Saturday afternoon.