cbs4 My 33 Header Logo

Pool Death

7-year-old Calder Sloan was in the water Sunday afternoon when police say a jolt of electricity coursed through his small body. (Source: Facebook)

Memorial Service Friday For Boy Possibly Electrocuted In Family Pool

A memorial service is planned Friday for a 7-year-old boy who died over the weekend while swimming in his family’s North Miami pool. But Calder Sloan didn’t drown. His father said he was electrocuted Sunday afternoon, possibly because of a faulty pool light which witnesses said was very corroded.

CBS Miami–5 hours ago

Boy_Drowns

Boy, 3, Drowns In Grandma’s Murky Pool; Mom 6 Mos. Pregnant

It’s every pool-owning grandparent’s darkest nightmare: a grandchild falling into the pool and drowning. That nightmare was reality for the grandparents of a three-year-old boy visiting their home Saturday afternoon.

CBS4–09/29/2012