Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue

Two people and their dogs are safe after being forced from their rented home in Wilton Manors early Tuesday morning by fire.  (Source: Ft. Lauderdale Fire Rescue)

Garage Fire Damages Wilton Manors Home

Two people and their dogs are safe after fleeing their burning rented home in Wilton Manors early Tuesday morning.

08/25/2015

A small plane was forced to land on its ‘belly’ at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport on Sunday.
(Source: Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue)

Small Plane Comes Down Safely After Landing Gear Malfunction

A small plane was forced to land on its ‘belly’ at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport on Sunday.

08/09/2015

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue and hazmat crews have quarantined a floor at the Broward School Board building after someone opened mail containing white powder.
(Source: CBS4)

Broward School Board Building Gets All Clear After White Powder Found

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue says a floor at the Broward School Board building is under quarantine after someone opened mail containing white powder.

08/03/2015

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue saved a cat named “Stormy” from a house fire. Stormy was treated for smoke inhalation.
(Source: Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue)

Fire Crews Whisk Away Cat From Fort Lauderdale House Fire

A cat’s whiskers must be standing after fire rescue saved it from a Fort Lauderdale house fire on Thursday.

07/30/2015

An explosion at a Ft. Lauderdale salvage yard sent two people to the hospital with severe burns. (Source: CBS4)

Salvage Yard Explosion Under Investigation

An explosion at a Ft. Lauderdale salvage yard sent two people to the hospital with severe burns.

06/09/2015

(Source: CBS4)

One Person Remains Hospitalized After Deadly Boating Accident

One person is dead and two others were rushed to the hospital after a boating accident late Saturday night, Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue said.

05/31/2015

(Credit: Thinkstock)

One Dead, Two Injured In Ft. Lauderdale Boating Accident

One person is dead and two others were rushed to the hospital after a boating accident late Saturday night, Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue said.

05/30/2015

(Credit: Thinkstock)

Neighbor’s Detector Saves Life Of Man Who Left Car Running In Garage

Fort Lauderdale firefighters are crediting a neighbor’s carbon monoxide detector with saving a man’s life.

04/24/2015

A fire severely damaged a yacht at Bahia Mar.  (Source: Ft. Lauderdale Fire Rescue)

$3.5M Yacht Goes Up In Flames At Bahia Mar

An investigation is underway after a fire severely damaged a yacht moored at Ft. Lauderdale’s Bahia Mar Marina.

04/23/2015

Possible carbon monoxide poisoning kills man in Wilton Manors. (Source: CBS4)

One Dead, Several Recovering From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

One person is dead, several others had to be taken to the hospital, after a car was left running inside a garage in Wilton Manors.

04/13/2015

more