Father's Fight For Safer Pools Stalls In TallyA South Florida father's push for safer pools after his seven year old son was electrocuted in the family's North Miami pool has stalled in Tallahassee.
Commissioners Take Another Step In Aim At Making Pools SaferMiami-Dade commissioners took another step Tuesday in trying to make pools safer—and perhaps help some homeowners save money.
Father's Fight For Safer Pool Lights Heads To TallahasseeIt's been ten months since Calder Sloan was electrocuted while swimming in his family pool. You may recall his self-portrait called mister awesome traveled the world following his death. Today state legislation was filed in Mr. Awesome's name, legislation that may prevent further tragedies from happening.
Broward County Follows Dade In Changing Pool Law Pool Builder Irv Chazen has a lot to be proud of.
Miami-Dade Commission Passed New Pool Safety RegulationsMiami-Dade commissioners are expected to give final approval Tuesday to pool safety regulations that could save lives.
Miami-Dade Commission Set To Pass New Pool Safety RegulationsMiami-Dade commissioners are expected to give final approval Tuesday to pool safety regulations that could save lives.
Exclusive: Broward Moves for Better Pool Safety LawsBroward County joined Miami-Dade on Wednesday in an effort to mandate new pools carry low voltage power.
Miami-Dade Development Committee Passes Pool Safety Ordinance A Miami-Dade County Committee will review a law Thursday being proposed to mandate all new pools must have low voltage lights.
CBS4 Investigation Leads To Miami-Dade Unanimously Passing New LawThe Miami-Dade commission introduced an Tuesday ordinance intended to reduce the number pool deaths by electrocution.
CBS4 Investigation Leads To Potential Pool Safety Law Following a CBS4 investigation into pool safety, Miami-Dade County may now pass a law to help prevent electrocution in pools.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed In Calder Sloan's Pool ElectrocutionThe family of a 7-year-old boy who was electrocuted in a swimming pool has filed a lawsuit against four companies.
Family Of Boy Electrocuted Encourages Pool SafetyAs the summer season officially gets underway, families all over South Florida are getting their backyard pools ready—and many are likely thinking of the Sloan family from North Miami.