cbs4 My 33 Header Logo

Bug Eating Contest

Edward Archbold, who died in October after winning a roach-eating contest. (Source: Miami Herald / File)

Autopsy: Roach-Eating Champ Died Choking On Bug Parts, Vomit

After winning a roach-eating contest and taking a python as his spoils, Eddie Archbold died from choking on “anthropod body parts” and his own vomit, according to a report released Monday by the Broward Medical Examiner’s Office.

CBS4–11/28/2012

Edward Archbold  (Source: CBS4)

ME: Man Died From Asphyxia After Bug Eating Contest

A West Palm Beach man who died after eating handfuls of roaches in a Deerfield Beach pet store bug and worm eating contest suffocated in part from bug parts lodged in his throat.

CBS4–11/26/2012

Edward Archbold  (Source: CBS4)

Man Dies After Winning Bug Eating Contest

Exotic cuisines sometimes leave diners feeling sick to their stomach, but what one man consumed in Deerfield Beach last Friday night may have contributed to his death.

CBS4–10/09/2012

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,474 other followers