Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- 1 Dead, 1 Sickened From Flesh-Eating Bacteria One person has died and another person fell ill when they contracted a flesh-eating bacteria which can be found in warm salt water.
- Health Dept. Offering Free Back-To-School Immunizations In Miami-Dade Some kids dread the thought of going back-to-school after summer vacation—and the idea of having to get vaccines is even worse.
- 2015 American Heart Walk Preps Underway The 2015 American Heart Walk isn't until next April, but organizers are already gearing up for a successful fundraiser.
- $17B Bipartisan Deal Reached To Start Fixing Embattled VA Health Care Lawmakers have reached a bipartisan deal to start fixing the embattled Department of Veterans Affairs. The deal to improve veterans' health care would authorize at least $17 billion to fix the health program scandalized by long patient wait times and...
- Fundraiser Held For Child Burned By Scalding Water Family and friends of a little girl who was severely burned held a fundraiser to help pay for travel to a special burn center for help.
- DIY Skin Solutions From Your Pantry Or Medicine Cabinet Did you know you can treat tons of skin problems with things you can find right inside your own home?
- More US Girls Now Getting Cervical Cancer Vaccine More teen girls are getting a controversial cervical cancer vaccine but the increase isn't much of a bump, the government reported Thursday.
- Experts: Food Allergies Are Skyrocketing Do peanuts make your throat close up? Do berries give you hives? Could melons kill you? An explosion of food allergies is unique to America and Europe and no one seems to know why. Tonight, CBS4's Brian Andrews looks at the reasons your...
- Stone Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe's Recalled Peaches, plums, nectarines and pluots sold at BJ's Wholesale Club, Costco and Trader Joe's have been recalled after the some of the fruit tested positive for listeria, a potentially dangerous food-borne bacterium.
- Eating Fast Food Doesn't Mean You Can't Be Healthy A majority of us do it regularly. We end up in the drive-thru line because we’re too busy or too tired to cook.