- Five Things: NCAA Tournament Bids And Wichita’s Perfection In the major conferences, Florida completed an undefeated regular season in the SEC and Cincinnati and Louisville tied atop the American.
- Five Things: Iona And Manhattan To Play For MAAC Title Iona and Manhattan, two schools separated by fewer than 10 miles, will play for the MAAC championship in Springfield, MA.
- Five Things: Missing McGary And Hancock Saves Cardinals...Again The preseason No. 2 team finishes 35-5 and wins 16 in a row to close the season, culminating with a national championship. No dominant team in college basketball this year?
- Five Things: Cards Find A Way And Reserves Shine For Wolverines Tonight, the No. 1 overall seed takes on a team once ranked No. 1 and now playing its best basketball. On one side is Louisville, the favorite when the field was announced, trying to keep the national championship trophy in the state of Kentucky.
- Five Things: Motivated Cardinals Prevail And Wichita State Stays Alive Even with limited drama—none of the regional finals were particularly thrilling—the NCAA Tournament is a wonderful thing, the perfect blend of fairness and unpredictability.
- Five Things: FGCU First 15 Seed In Sweet 16 And Pac 12 Exceeds Its Seeds To measure the unpredictability of this year’s NCAA Tournament, consider two items that didn’t make this column: Gonzaga, a 32-win team on a 15-game win streak, didn’t survive the first weekend, and Harvard, a 14 seed, won its first ever Tournament...
- Five Things: Goodbye Big East, Buckeyes Win Big Ten, And West Coast Blues Yesterday was a relatively drama-free Selection Sunday. Joe Lunardi was a perfect 68 for 68, as Middle Tennessee State, St. Mary’s, Boise State, and La Salle claimed the final spots in the field. Louisville, Gonzaga, Kansas, and Indiana earned the...