MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Hurricane Irma’s whipping winds have caused a number of power outages across South Florida.
As of 5:45 p.m. Sunday, the Florida Power & Light outage map indicated there were 888,530 outages in Miami-Dade and 666,380 in Broward.
FPL officials said they have workers and equipment staged throughout the area and are set to start making repairs and getting the power back on once it’s safe to do so.
Call FPL if you have no power at 1-800-4OUTAGE.
FPL estimated that more than 3 million customers will be affected by power outages during Hurricane Irma.
FPL invested about $3 billion to fortify its electrical grid in 2005 after Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from our Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2017 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download the CBS4 Weather App Here