MIAMI (CBSMiami) – While all eyes are on Hurricane Irma, its not the only hurricane in the Atlantic right now.
At 5 a.m., Hurricane Jose was about 815 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
It was moving to the west-northwest at 18 mph with maximum sustained winds of 90 mph with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours.
While there are currently no watches or warnings in effect for this storm, the Leeward Islands should monitor its progress of Jose. Hurricane and Tropical Storm Watches will likely be required for portions of these islands later this morning.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from our Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2017 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download the CBS4 Weather App Here