MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Hurricane Jose is continuing to gain strength over the eastern Atlantic .
At 5 p.m., the center of the system was 1040 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
Jose was moving to the west at 17 mph with maximum sustained winds of 75 mph with higher gusts.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 70 miles from the center of Jose.
A slightly faster west to west-northwest motion is expected during the next two days.
There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
Interests in the Leeward Islands should monitor the progress of Jose.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from our Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2017 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download the CBS4 Weather App Here