MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Hurricane Nicole is weakening as it heads toward the Central Atlantic.
At 11 p.m. the storm was 255 miles northeast of Bermuda.
Nicole is moving toward the northeast near 21 mph. An east- northeastward motion at a slower forward speed is expected on Saturday.
Maximum sustained winds have decreased to near 100 mph with higher gusts.
Weakening is forecast during the next 12 to 24 hours, but Nicole is expected to remain a powerful cyclone even when it could become a post-tropical cyclone on Saturday.
The Bermuda airport recently reported sustained winds of 37 mph and a wind gust of 55 mph.
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for…
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download CBS4 Weather App Here