ORLANDO (CBSMiami) — The Happiest Place on Earth is closing its doors Thursday ahead of Hurricane Matthew.
According to a Walt Disney World spokeswoman, “Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will all be closed today by 5 p.m., and will remain closed through Friday, Oct. 7.”
That also means Thursday and Friday night’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Theme Park is also canceled.
No decision has been made yet about Saturday operations.
Disney World was the last of the major theme parks to announce closures. SeaWorld had announced Wednesday its three theme and water parks would close early Thursday and remain shut down Friday.
Click here for Disney Theme Park FAQ’s as related to Hurricane Matthew.
Universal Orlando also announced its theme parks and CityWalk entertainment complex will close at 5 p.m. Thursday and stay closed Friday. Halloween Horror Nights is canceled Thursday and Friday.
The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will be closed Thursday and Friday. The Visitor Complex is anticipated to reopen Saturday at 9 a.m, according to kennedyspacecenter.com
- Click here for ways to prepare yourselffor an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest newssurrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest mapswhen a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to downloadthe CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to downloadthe CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download CBS4 Weather App Here