FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – If you need to fly out of Fort Lauderdale, you better get to the airport fast.
The Broward County Aviation Department announced all services into and out of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will be suspended beginning at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 6, ahead of Hurricane Matthew.
Residents should continue to call their airline for current flight information into and out of Broward County.
North Perry Airport will close to fixed-wing aircraft beginning 7 a.m. on Thursday.
Earlier in the day, American Airlines announced it would be canceling all Thursday flights into Miami International Airport, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Palm Beach International Airport.
For a complete list of services being shut down in Broward, visit our closings page.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download CBS4 Weather App Here