MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The city of Doral, which has been giving out free sand bags all day is now out, however, there is another location giving out sand but you must bring your own bags.
That location is Adonel Concrete Pumping located at 2101 NW 110th Ave in Doral. The company has set aside 1 million pounds of sand for the public. Bags may be purchased at locations like Home Depot and Lowes.
In Miami-Dade, sand will be available at six locations in District 9 where residents in flood-prone zone can fill their sand bags. The locations are:
- Habitat Housing, Goulds 11496 SW 227th Terr. (114th Ave & 226-227th Street)
- County Star/ Cambridge Estate, Naranja 28350 SW 136th Place
- Las Palmas Krome Ave & 200th Street
- South Miami Heights/Oak Park (Roberto Hunter Park) SW 117th Ave & SW 208th Street
- Sunny Haven SW 268th Street (Moody Dr.) & SW 127th Ave) HAR Park
- Eureka Villas Park 14301 SW 180th Terr. 33177
District 9 residents are being asked to call 311 before visiting the sand bag sites to make sure sand is still available.
Sand bags are available for North Miami residents, up to six (6) bags per household, at the North Miami Motor Pool, 1855 NE 142 Street. The can be picked up between the hours of 9:00 am – 3:00 pm on Wednesday and Thursday.
Hallandale Beach is giving away sand bags to city residents and businesses at the Public Works Compound, enter off the 600 block of NW 3rd Street.
The City of Deerfield Beach will be giving out sand bags Wednesday until 5:00 pm, Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or until supplies last at the Environmental Services Building located at 200 Goolsby Blvd., in Deerfield Beach.
South Florida is forecast to begin getting tropical storm gusts and squalls Thursday morning. The weather will worsen throughout the day. Filled sandbags are used for water control and diversion during times of flooding, high water and storm surge.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download CBS4 Weather App Here