MIAMI (CBSMiami) – It’s the first day of 2015 so here’s a look at what is opened and closed.
On Thursday, federal, state and county offices will be closed. Also closed are courts, banks and the post office.
If you have to do a little last minute grocery shopping, Publix will be open at 7 a.m. All Publix pharmacies are closed on New Year’s Day.
Malls will be open on Thursday.
When it comes to garbage pickup in Broward and Miami-Dade County, residents can check out if their garbage will be picked up by calling the city or their hauler.
Miami-Dade’s Metrorail will operate on a Sunday schedule on Thursday.
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Gaining Strength, Moving Towards Gulf Coast
- One Person Shot In North Miami Beach Home Invasion
- Memorial Day Weekend Washout In Effect As Alberto Forecast To Strengthen
- South Florida Under Flood Watch As Alberto Brings Heavy Rain Over Florida
- Revelers Making The Best Out of Rainy Memorial Day Weekend