MIAMI (CBSMiami) – As we ring in the new year, here’s a look at what is opened and closed on New Year’s Day.
On Thursday, federal, state and county offices will be closed. Also closed are courts, banks and the post office.
If you have to do a little last minute grocery shopping, Publix will open at 7 a.m. on Thursday. All Publix pharmacies are closed on New Year’s Day.
The malls will be open on Thursday.
Miami-Dade’s Metrorail will operate on a Sunday schedule on Thursday.
- Flood Watch Issued In South Florida As Subtropical Storm Alberto Chugs Toward Gulf
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Meandering In Caribbean
- Soggy Weekend Ahead Thanks To Subtropical Storm Alberto
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend
- Publix Suspends Political Contributions Amid Protester “Die-in”