MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) –Miami Heat Lifer Alonzo Mourning is getting his “Groove” on again, but this time with a twist.
“Zo’s Summer Groove” was put together yearly to raise money for local children’s charities. For the last two years the week-long festivities had been put on freeze.
Mourning announced on Monday his famous event is getting a much needed defrost.
The twist? Mourning is hosting the event this winter and for only three days.
Mourning told CBS4’s Walter Makaula they made the change from summer to winter because of the influx of tourists during the winter. Mourning said they could tap into this new group for support.
“Zo’s Winter Groove” kick offs on Saturday December 27th at Miramar Regional Park. Day one is the “Wellness Groove.” It’s a fitness filled day with activities including a 5K run and walk, health screenings and mini sports clinics.
On Sunday the 28th, “Zo’s Comedy Groove” will take place at the JW Marriott Miami Hotel. While it’s a big departure from the big music concerts that used to take place, Mourning thinks it’s a nice change of pace.
“I feel like laughter is the key to the soul. It’s healing really and I feel like you know you put together a nice comedy show with some very prominent comedians. It’s something for everybody in the family to enjoy,” he said.
The “Hall of Fame Golf Groove” on the 29th, at the Turnberry Isle Golf Club in Aventura, caps off the three-day event.
For more information you can visits “Zo’s Winter Groove” website.
- Yorkie On The Mend After Being Abandoned At Hollywood Police Department
- ‘Heartless’ Thieves Steal Trailer Filled With Toys For Kids Battling Cancer
- Police Suspect Murder-Suicide After 2 Bodies Found In Backyard Of Redland Home
- Daughter-In-Law Of Elderly Purse Snatching Victim: ‘I Hope These Kids Get What They Deserve’
- Miami Passport Office Closed Until Further Notice