ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — A Satanist group is pushing to distribute coloring books for children at a Central Florida school.
The push has caused Orange County school officials to consider a ban on the distribution of all religious materials at schools.
Religious groups are allowed to place religious materials at schools, and students can pick them up if they want.
So far, an evangelical group has distributed Bibles and an atheist group has distributed literature.
School officials said they’re reconsidering the policy after a group known as the Satanic Temple tried to get their coloring book distributed at schools.
Any school board vote on the matter won’t take place until early next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Stoneman Douglas Teachers Return To Banners Of Support Lining The School
- ‘You Failed Us’: School Shooting Survivor Has Message To Deputy Who ‘Never Went In’
- Heroes Among Us: Sergeant Marcus O’Sullivan Impacted Many Of His Fellow Soldiers
- Exclusive: Search Warrants In Nikolas Cruz Case Shows Investigators Trying To Find Motive
- Florida School Shooting: This Is Deputy Scot Peterson Who “Never Went In”