MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A Miami-Dade County school board member is giving Democratic Congressman Joe Garcia a run for his money.
Polls show Garcia and Republican Carlos Curbelo are in a tight race leading up to the Nov. 4th election. The race is the Republican Party’s best chance of ousting a Florida Democrat from Congress.
Garcia is a freshman who won the seat in 2012 because of corruption allegations made against the Republican incumbent. Garcia is now fending off allegations of corruption related to his ex-chief of staff’s conviction on filling out multiple absentee ballot requests.
Curbelo and Garcia are both Cuban-Americans and both support same-sex marriage. They differ over the president’s health care overhaul and abortion rights.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Trump Dismisses Accusations Of Sexual Misconduct As ‘Fake News’
- Senate GOP Weigh In On What To Do If Roy Moore Wins: ‘We’ll See’
- Nearly 60 Countries Meeting In Paris To Talk Climate Change
- Alabama Voters Getting Presidential Robocalls On Eve Of Special Senate Election
- Women Detail Sexual Allegations Against President Trump