MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The corruption trial of suspended Homestead mayor Steven Batemen got underway with jury selection Monday morning.
Bateman is accused of taking a consulting job from a non-profit organization which paid him $125 an hour.
Prosecutors said the problem is Batemen never disclosed that he was getting paid to work for the group.
He faces several charges including, unlawful compensation and illegal lobbying.
Bateman has pleaded not guilty.
- One Dead, Two Wounded In Early Morning Miami Gardens Shooting
- 5 Dead As SUV Chased By Border Patrol Crashes In South Texas
- Police Identify Victim Of Deadly Drive-By Shooting In Miami Gardens
- Former Trump Operative Roger Stone Met With Russian Who Wanted $2M For Clinton Dirt
- Trump Again Falsely Blames Democrats For Administration’s Family Separations