FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Labor Day fun on the beach turned deadly in Ft. Lauderdale.
Nine year old Brandon Myrick of Lauderdale Lakes was swimming in the rough surf with his cousin, Raymond Brave, off Fort Lauderdale Beach Park late in the day when the two got separated. After Brave realized he didn’t see, and couldn’t find his cousin, he ran to a life guard for help.
The life guard was able to locate Myrick in the surf and pulled the boy’s body to shore. He was taken to Broward Health Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
- Group Rallies In Support Of Gables’ Police Chief, Reprimand Rescinded
- President Trump To Host French President Macron At First Official State Dinner
- Coast Guard To Offload 12 Tons Of Cocaine At Port Everglades
- Dramatic Rescue After Scaffolding Collapse In Palmetto Bay
- Mentoring Matters: International Artists Mentor Local Charter School Students