GAINESVILLE (AP) — Florida has suspended receiver Demarcus Robinson and defensive tackles Jay-nard Bostwick and Darious Cummings for Saturday’s season opener against Idaho.
Coach Will Muschamp says Robinson was suspended “due to a university sanction that is now resolved.” Robinson was suspended the final two games of last season, so sitting out against the Vandals is carry-over discipline. Robinson caught five passes for 23 yards in 2013.
Bostwick and Cummings won’t play because of an undisclosed violation of team rules. Cummings is the only starter among the three.
Muschamp says “we have rules here that we have to follow — team, athletic department and university rules — and when you don’t follow them, there are consequences.”
Muschamp adds that he expects all three to return next week against Eastern Michigan.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Miami Open With Forearm Injury
- New Dolphins Guard Josh Sitton Likes Makeup Of Gase’s Coaching Staff
- Best NCAA Tournament Team-Name Stories
- 30 Players: NL Central Rich With Young Pitching
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NCAA Tournament Opening Rounds