MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man walked out of Hialeah Park Casino more than $100,000 richer over the weekend.
No, he didn’t win it playing poker or the slot machines. He stole it.
It happened Sunday around 5 p.m. An employee was working alone in an office when he was surprised by the armed man, who was wearing a ski mask.
The employee was hit on the side of the head before his wrists were bound in nylon tie-wraps. The masked robber was then able to gain access into the office where monies are temporarily stored. After scooping up an estimated one grand, the got away without being noticed.
Police said the employee was not seriously injured. They added that getting a good description of the armed man has been difficult because he wore a mask.
Anyone with information is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS or send a text message to CRIMES and enter CSMD followed by the “tip”.
- Hollywood Woman’s Key Decisions Help Her Survive Armed Carjacking
- Exclusive: Plantation PD Detective Fired For Texting Sexually Explicit Video To Woman
- Cameras Catch Armed Robber Nonchalantly Case Store Before Stealing Jewelry
- Hialeah Apartment Complex Severely Damaged By Lightning Strike
- Former Canadian Consul Declares: “I Was Not A Bad Mother.”